Upper East Side: 917-397-4412
NYC Invisalign serving Manhattan & New York, NY
This Invisalign system offers clear health and aesthetic advantages over traditional metal braces. It also offers an advanced, convenient and precise set of options for teen and adult orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign is used to straighten the teeth of patients with the help of custom designed aligners which are made up of a thin, clear, metal graded polymer which is almost invisible when worn. These aligners are easily removable so you are able to eat, floss and brush normally. The patients of Thyme Dental Care NYC absolutely love this solution.
Each aligner has the ability to move your teeth by a small margin gradually until they get aligned perfectly and you gain a new and beautiful smile. Since the Invisalign system employs a slow movement without using brackets and wires, this system is a less painful and more comfortable way of moving your teeth as compared to the traditional orthodontics.
“Great dentist and great work ethics! Always on time, caring, and no “tooth shaming” that I always got from other dentists! I changed my old broken bondings from childhood with porcelain, and I cannot be happier.”
Details about the Invisalign System
- Composite resin can help strengthen your teeth
- Tooth-colored fillings keep your smile looking healthy and bright.
- More of your tooth can be preserved by the dentist with a composite filling
- Composite fillings do not comprise of mercury.
- Composite does not change shape
The Benefits of Composite Fillings
One of the features of Invisalign system is the use of 3D computer technology. This system combines orthodontic science with high tech computer graphics to visualize the movement of teeth. By using graphical imaging your dentists at Thyme Dental Care NYC are able to precisely calibrate your aligners and get them manufactured in a way that they snugly fit over your teeth and move gradually through the course of your treatment plan. You are able to view your treatment plan on the computer from start to end and discuss with your dentist, even before the treatment has commenced.
Most of the appointments are brief as they take from 15 to 30 minutes and they are scheduled with a gap of eight to ten weeks. This time period varies as per the variation in adjustments needed by your teeth. The monetary charges of the Invisalign system are not very high; rather they are comparable to those of traditional metal braces. General orthodontic insurance covers Invisalign in the same way as they cover the traditional orthodontics.
Invisalign is a very popular treatment and hundreds of thousands of people worldwide have benefited from it. It is backed by properly documented research and is very reliable.
Advantages of Invisalign
There are many advantages associated with Invisalign, some of which are stated as below:
- Less treatment time: This system provides results for you while requiring lesser time than conventional braces. Conventional braces require the teeth to get wired together which results in the inadvertent movement of surrounding teeth which have to be corrected later on in the treatment. The aligners in Invisalign are calibrated with precision which only moves the teeth that require alignment. This targeted and precise correction result in efficient movement and it saves the overall treatment time. The current research also backs the fact that Invisalign treatment is faster than conventional orthodontic treatment. Generally, the Invisalign treatment takes around six months to a year for adults and around a year for teenagers. The exact amount of time depends on the complexity of each individual case.
- Lesser dental appointments: The Invisalign system does not include any wire tightening so you will have to visit the dentist fewer times. The wires of conventional metallic braces require to be tightened every month but the advantage with Invisalign is that its plan is mapped out since the beginning and you are able to get many aligners in every appointment. You will have to visit the doctor every eight to ten weeks instead of four weeks.
- It’s easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Invisalign® aligners are removed to eat, floss and brush. There are no wires to trap food and plaque, and no obstacles that make brushing and flossing difficult.
You don’t have to wait for a beautiful smile. Unlike with conventional braces, most people won’t know you’re using Invisalign® unless you tell them!
What Is Invisalign Teen®?
Now teens can enjoy the same advantages of Invisalign with a new system designed especially for teens. Invisalign Teen® combines all of the advantages of the proven system with special features designed to fit the active lifestyle and unique treatment needs of today’s teens.
Features of this braces alternative include:
- Room for growth. Now you don’t have to wait until teeth grow in completely before getting braces. Invisalign Teen® has eruption tabs that adjust to your teen’s changing mouth, so you can start treatment on your timetable.
- Peace of mind. There’s no need to worry about whether your teen is wearing the aligners often enough. Invisalign Teen® is designed with a Blue Dot Wear Indicator that fades to clear over a two-week period if your teen is wearing the aligners properly (20 to 22 hours every day).
- Flexibility. While it’s important for your teen to wear aligners as often as possible, aligners can be removed for those important special occasions like school pictures, prom, and graduation.
- Something to smile about. According to recent surveys, more than half of today’s teens feel self-conscious about wearing conventional metal braces. Since Invisalign Teen® is virtually invisible, your teen can smile with confidence.
Sports safety. With Invisalign Teen®, there’s less risk for the painful sports impact injuries that can occur when teens get hit in a mouth that contains conventional braces with wires and brackets. Plus, custom mouth guards fit better over Invisalign aligners than over traditional braces.
Invisalign Teen Features:
- No more feeling self-conscious about having a mouth full of metal
- No more painful monthly appointments to tighten wires
- No more irritation and soreness from pointy wires and brackets
- No more sticky wax to prevent cuts in your mouth
- No more retouching photographs to eliminate metal braces
- No restrictions on the foods that can be eaten
- No more emergency dental visits to fix broken wires and bracket
The Clear Advantage
Invisalign® offers one of the most advanced, precise and convenient options for adult and teen orthodontic treatment, with clear dental health and aesthetic advantages over conventional metal braces.