By Eunhee Lee,Sean Madigan,Mee-Jeong Park
An advent to Korean Linguistics is a worthwhile and complete textual content for people with an curiosity in Korean linguistics.
This publication offers an in-depth creation to the fundamentals of Korean linguistics, and sleek linguistic conception, in an obtainable variety. It encompasses a step by step technique designed to guide the reader during the linguistic makeup of the language, from the fundamentals of its sound approach and sentence constitution to the semantics of recent spoken Korean.
- Detailed chapters protecting the middle components within the box of linguistics, together with phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax
- Clear and obtainable reasons which successfully reveal the intricacies and subtleties of the Korean language
- Suggested readings for these drawn to increasing their wisdom of a selected topic
- Exercises designed to counterpoint the real and analytical matters lined in each one chapter
- A complete thesaurus of critical phrases and a better half web site delivering a wealth of extra materials.
Korean is a useful language for the learn of theoretical and comparative linguistics because it presents vital examples and counter-examples to key concerns, making An creation to Korean Linguistics a vital textual content for college kids linguists alike.
Read or Download An Introduction to Korean Linguistics PDF
Best linguistics books
This concise yet wide-ranging monograph examines the place the stipulations of binding idea practice and in doing so considers the character of word constitution (in specific how case and theta roles practice) and the character of the lexical/functional break up. David Lebeaux starts off with a revised formula of binding concept.
The Oxford instruction manual of Cognitive Linguistics provides a finished evaluation of the most theoretical ideas and descriptive/theoretical versions of Cognitive Linguistics, and covers its numerous subfields, theoretical in addition to utilized. the 1st twenty chapters provide readers the chance to procure a radical wisdom of the elemental analytic options and descriptive types of Cognitive Linguistics and their historical past.
Winner of the SAGE/ILTA publication Award 2016The Routledge guide of Language trying out will supply a complete account of the world of language evaluation and checking out. Written by means of prime experts from world wide, this quantity brings jointly nearly 35 authoritative articles (around 8000 phrases each).
The e-book is worried with a hitherto underresearched grammaticalization technique: the advance from quality-attributing adjective to determiner within the English noun word. It takes a bottom-up method, in keeping with large synchronic and diachronic corpus reviews of six English adjectives of comparability: different, various, similar, exact, related and similar.
- English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice
- Reliability in Pragmatics (Oxford Studies in Semantics and Pragmatics)
- Multilingualism Online
- Der phonologisch-typologische Wandel des Deutschen von einer Silben- zu einer Wortsprache (Studia Linguistica Germanica) (German Edition)
- Koloniallinguistik: Sprache in kolonialen Kontexten (Koloniale und Postkoloniale Linguistik / Colonial and Postcolonial Linguistics (KPL/CPL)) (German Edition)
Additional info for An Introduction to Korean Linguistics
An Introduction to Korean Linguistics by Eunhee Lee,Sean Madigan,Mee-Jeong Park